- About Us
2016 NASA-MSU Professional Enhancement Award Recipients
The NASA-MSU Professional Enhancement Awards are made possible by support from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Michigan State University (MSU). The program has supported more than 377 students from approximately 140 institutions worldwide since 1998 to present their research and interact with leading scientists and other attendees at meetings of US-IALE and IALE.
This is the 19th consecutive year of the program. The 17 awardees will have opportunities to meet at a special dinner gathering, learn the latest developments in landscape ecology, present their research, build professional networks with other conference attendees, and collaborate on telecoupling.
The 2016 awards are to be presented at the the US-IALE 2016 Annual Meeting in April in Asheville, NC.
The awardees are:
- Megumi Aisu, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Joanna Blaszcak, Duke University
- Andrea Boesing, University of Sao Paulo / University of FL
- Megan Cattau, Columbia University
- Veronica Frans, South Atlantic Environmental Research Institute
- Nathan Gill, Clark University
- Anna Herzberger, Michigan State University
- Paige Howell, University of Georgia
- Basil Iannone, Purdue University
- Kristen Lear, University of Georgia
- Snehal Mhatre, Clemson University
- Andrea Raya Rey, CADIC-CONICET
- Shijie Shu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Fang Wang, Michigan State University
- Erin Welsh, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ruscena Wiederholt, University of Arizona
- Emily Zimmerman, Iowa State University