- About Us
Achieving sustainability is one of the most important challenges facing society. Addressing complex issues related to sustainability requires innovative systems integration (i.e., integration of multiple disciplines including both social and natural sciences). Our center joins forces across Michigan State University's campus along with some of the best minds in sustainability sciences across the nation and across the world.
At our core is a commitment to the powerful new field of coupled human and natural systems to strive to find sustainable solutions that both benefit the environment and enable people to thrive.
To maintain a center of excellence that integrates ecology with socioeconomics, demography, and other disciplines for ecological sustainability from local, national, to global scales.
- Conduct cutting-edge research on emerging issues related to ecological sustainability.
- Train new generations of leading scholars for interdisciplinary research.
- Disseminate research findings across the globe.
Finding the Center
View Center for Systems Integration and Sustainability, Michigan State University in a larger map
The Center for Systems Integration and Sustainability is grateful for funding and support from our sponsors:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- China Bridges International
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- MSU AgBioResearch
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Michigan State University
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- National Natural Science Foundation of China
- National Science Foundation
- Smithsonian Institution
- St. Louis Zoo
- The Nature Conservancy
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Western National Parks Association